For Johannes Schönherr no place has proven too distant nor too strange that he cannot screen or hunt down obscure underground trash movies.
From the bowels of New York’s Lower East Side to Moscow on a fake visa and Pyongyang, North Korea, Schönherr is a cinaste on a mission.
Trashfilm Roadshows tells of his trials and tribulations. They include:
- A Richard Kern show brought to a (perfect) halt by violent leftists
- Schönherr’s strange invitation to Russia for the screening of anti-Communist propaganda
- A trip across America in a dodgy vehicle loaded with reels of film
- Wild cinematic discoveries at New York’s cheapest film-to-video transfer shop
- Running a no-budget rathouse of a cinema
- Nick Zedd being attacked by feminists in Nuremberg, Germany
- GG Allin’s last gig
- Disposing of a stash of heroin unearthed while renovating a movie theatre
- Being branded an ‘imperialist spy’ in North Korea