An eye-opening and prophetic look at the true state of American politics and culture today.
Is the U.S. a beacon of progress? That’s how the mainstream media want you to see it. But in Myth America, visionary researcher David McGowan presents an index of disturbing facts and ominous trends that illustrate the deep roots of America’s systems of oppression.
From mandatory minimum sentencing laws to more liberal search-and-seizure rules, from Three Strikes You’re Out to congressional legislation for a national ID card, McGowan shows how the noose around democracy has been tightening every day for decades—if it ever existed in the U.S. at all.
David McGowan is the author of the bestselling Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon: Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops & The Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream.
Myth America was his first book, originally published in 2000 under the title Derailing Democracy.
Democracy is not a spectator sport.
- Myth America reveals how the American people have been deceived and misled about what is really going on in their country.
- It shows how democracy has been harmed until its foundations are cracked and crumbling, ready to collapse under the weight of our leaders’ fraud and deceit.
- Myth America is a collection of facts and quotes assembled by David McGowan, one of the most insightful writers on the Internet. The facts in his book show that America is not what you think it is. It is a police state where you are watched when you aren’t watching TV. It is a country that tortures its own citizens and spies on them around the world.
- The U.S. has more incarcerated people than any country in history, by far. These are prisoners of our own making, since America is the only country where crime pays better than working for a living.
- Myth America exposes everything from government mind control to corporate fascism to modern-day slavery—exactly what the mainstream media want you to never know about!
- End democracy. McGowan shows how the War on Drugs and other policies were used to undermine the Bill of Rights and strip Americans of their constitutional protections, clearing the way for passage of the Patriot Act and other repressive legislation.
Title: MYTH AMERICA
Subtitle: Human Rights and Civil Liberties in the United States
Author: David McGowan
Editor: Alissa McGowan
ISBN (PBK): 978-1-909394-91-9
ISBN (EBK): 978-1-909394-92-6
Street Date: April 7, 2022
Category: Political Science/True Crime
Retail Price: UK £15.99 / US $21.95
Size: 216mm x 140mm
Illos: Diagrams & Charts
As the trade paperback, except the special hardback edition is exclusive to this website. Because it carries No ISBN number, this edition of the book is off the grid in as much as it doesn’t appear on any database, in any library, cannot be ordered through mainstream bookshops or online retailers.
Click Image For Sample Pages